Forum

Thread tagged as: Members

Perch Members missing properties when added

When I attempt to add Members manually through the admin, member properties (specifically first name and last name) do not save. If I go back and edit the record, they are then saved.

I'm experiencing this in my local environment, running PHP: 5.6.1, MySQL: 5.5.38, and my staging environment, running PHP: 5.4.13, MySQL: 5.5.30. Both have the most recent Perch installed.

Thanks!

Chris Davis

Chris Davis 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Is this the most recent version of the Members App?

Can we see your template?

It's 1.1, downloaded today. The template for which? It's the admin's "Add Member" form.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's based on the member.html template.

Oh, gotcha. That's unchanged:

<perch:members type="text" id="first_name" label="First name" listing="true" order="1" /> <perch:members type="text" id="last_name" label="Last name" listing="true" order="2" />

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you turn on debug, do you get any error messages when the save fails?

No, it saves and redirects to the edit page with no problem, except that the first name and last name are still empty. Nothing in debug since there's never an error.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Found this on line 77 of members.edit.pre.php:

$data['memberProperties'] = '';

This is emptying the memberProperties on a new member. Commenting it out fixes the problem.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're right. Thanks.

I'm experiencing the same issue (first name and last name are not saved upon creation, they are saved when editing). Should I also edit members.edit.pre.php or is it better to wait for an official fix?