Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Perch Help callapses whole page

Hey,

When adding <perch:help> to a template, it adds the section at the top as expected with a divider heading. However the whole template then sits within this headers collapsible zone meaning if you collapse the help section, the whole page collapses too.

Expected behavior would be that only the help section up to the next divider would collapse?

Running Perch: 3.0.12.

Thanks, Haydn

Haydn Ward

Haydn Ward 4 points

• 3 years ago

Can you post the template code?

<perch:help>
    <p>You can add a title here along with a large block of copy.</p>
</perch:help>

<h1><perch:content id="main-title" type="text" label="Main Heading" required="true"/></h1>
<perch:content id="page-content" type="textarea" label="Page Content" editor="redactor" html="true" size="xl" required="true" divider-before="Content" />

That's just a simple example. You end up with three dividers on the page with this template. The Help section, then one created by Perch with the region title and then I've added one for the text area.

The second two collapse as expected, but the first help one, collapses the whole page.

I've not seen that behaviour. I wouldn't have thought that was expected but the Perch team can comment further I'm sure.

I don't think it's anything to do with your help code. I think whatever is first at the top of the page collapses everything.

That's not the case David, if I remove the help text, so just the other two dividers remain. They both continue to function as expected collapsing only the content up to the next divider.

Yes you're right. I've replicated it.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The dividers should collapse all the way up to the next divider.

So is this a bug then?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If it's collapsing beyond the next divider then it sounds like a bug, yes.

Am I just leaving this with you then, or do you need anything else from me? :)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can log it.