Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Runway

Related fields not available in admin panel list view

Oh, I just noticed that I don't get the values from "related" collections in the admin panel's list view.

Here's the source:

collection:

<perch:related id="companyType" collection="Types">
  <perch:template path="content/fe/something.html" />
</perch:related>

something.html

<perch:content id="term" type="text" label="Name" required="true" title="true" />

Neither companyType nor companyType.term are proposed in "Item list column IDs / Choose from:", and if I set it manually, it has no effect.

It is quite important for my use case that admins can access related values in the list view, do you think you could add that?

Thanks a lot

urs

Urs Bräm

Urs Bräm 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What would it display if you had 100 related items?

The first few - max 5

My use case is that I'm using related items for translations of selectable items in a multilanguage site. This works very well up to now! But if they (or at least some of them) don't show up in the list, that's quite a setback.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

For the reason I highlighted, it's not something I can just add at your command. We have to develop software that targets a broader set of requirements than just your project.

It wasn't a command, I was suggesting the functionality, which seems to be a logical consequence of what's already there.

Also, developing a multilanguage strategy for perch doesn't seem to be narrowing the focus but broadening it and adding flexibility - I will of course share the concept when done.

Actually, categories do show up in list view and you could also have 100 of them. I can switch to categories for things I need in the list view, so you can detach the suggestion from my requirement.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which part of the requirement remains?

You're right, it was silly to argument with the personal urgency. I just experienced a frustration, as it was all going together so well before.

I think the requirement (which I DO think is good & valid) is the following: provide some sort of filter in the admin panel for relations - as seen in the frontend. For editors to tackle larger quantities of related data.

Filter all authors by "Fry", for example. That's why I need it in the list view, to get my datatables working. But the list view is just a too.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, we'll keep that in mind.