Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Docs, Perch1

Upgrading licenses

I have just upgraded a Perch 1 License to Perch 2 and a few strange things happened during the upgrade process.

First up - if I click into "Edit License" and then update the domain details, and click "Save details" the button for "Buy an Upgrade" changes to say "Save Details" as well, which I don't think it should do.

Similarly, when I apply the upgrade, the "Save Details" button changes to say "Apply Upgrade" which was a little strange. I can send you screen grabs of these, but hopefully you can replicate from these steps.

The error only happens on the page refresh after I click the "Save" or "Upgrade" button, and then it is back to normal next time I visit the page.

It took a few moments and a bit of Googling for me to work out how to upgrade the license, but I found it soon enough, though I wonder if it could be made slightly more obvious.

Can I just clarify that I won't be able to purchase a Perch 1 > Perch 2 Upgrade after 1st June? Is that correct? Or is it just that I won't receive support unless I'm running Perch 2.

Thanks - looking forward to building another site with Perch today.

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's right, after May you'll not be able to buy upgrade licenses and the Upgrade app and process will no longer be supported or maintained.

Just doing some upgrades today. I notice that the Button text is still incorrect in the app upgrade process as I indicated in my earlier post. No big deal of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to fix it.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Sorry, which button?

Once I've applied an upgrade, the button that usually says "Save Details" says "Apply Upgrade", which is what I've just done.

The other button issue I mentioned in my earlier post seems to have been fixed now.