Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Invalid licence key all of a sudden on localhost

Hey,

I've been working on a site locally for a while and just went to login to perch admin and all of a sudden getting a 'Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain' error message. Everything in my perch account is as it should be as it has been working fine for months until now.

The only thing that has changed recently is that I've updated MAMP, but even switching back to the previous version I still have installed that worked previously get's the same error message.

Debug code if it's of use:

Debug Message
Activating via CURL
{"result":"FAILURE"}
Activation: failed
Writing auth fail to log.
SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 1
Memory: 1.1357
Array
(
    [type] => 2
    [message] => http_build_query(): Parameter 1 expected to be Array or Object.  Incorrect value given
    [file] => /Users/Daughter-Greg/Code/daughter_v5/perch/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php
    [line] => 172
)

The license is valid. Not sure why I'm getting the invalid key error. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Studio Daughter

Studio Daughter 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version of Perch are you running? That error message doesn't match up to the current version.

I'm having the exact same issue. My perch version is 2.8.23.

Debug Message Activating via CURL {"result":"FAILURE"} Activation: failed Writing auth fail to log. SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0 Queries: 1 Memory: 1.1319

I just installed a new version of MAMP as well. I also, switched the PHP version from 7.1 to 7.0 as suggested in a different post but to no avail.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Make sure you're running the latest version of the software.

Ok great.

Perch update has solved the issue. Interestingly enough, before the update it was working without an internet connection, but only when connected to the internet was I getting the invalid key error. All fixed now, thanks.

Same. Works for me now, too. Didn't realize the small update would mess it up. Thanks!