Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions, Members

Members App

Hello

I am using the members App for each client (the organizer) to view their event booking info. All members are created by admin on perch.

I also want to sign up other members (guests) with individual usernames and passwords to view the booking info.

I have a field with a unique booking ref but cant quite get my head around how to implement it so all members with that ref view that booking.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Denise Courtney

Denise Courtney 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This would typically be done using the member tags. Have you looked into those?

yes that is what I was thinking. Have a guest and organiser tag but how would I match the booking ref so they all only viewed their booking.

Could i make the booking ref a tag and call that in the page somehow?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I think that should work. It's a little bit hard to visualise what data you're working with though. Is there more information you could give me that might help?

I have been adapting your templates and examples. My main members template (members.html) so far is

<perch:members type="text" id="first_name" label="First name" listing="true" order="1" />
<perch:members type="text" id="last_name" label="Last name" listing="true" order="2" />
<perch:members type="text" id="phone" label="Contact tel" order="3" />
<perch:members type="text" id="address" label="Address" order="4" />
<perch:members type="textarea" id="info" label="Any other info" order="5" editor="redactor" /> 
<perch:members type="text" id="event" label="Your event(s)" listing="true" order="6" divider-before="Event Info" />
<perch:members type="select" id="role" label="Role in event" listing="true" order="7" options="Organiser, Guest, Stag/Hen" allowempty="false"/> />
<perch:members type="select" id="staghen" label="Stag or Hen" order="8" options="Stag, Hen, Party" />
<perch:members type="text" id="staghen_name" label="Stag or Hen's Name(if not above)" order="9" />
<perch:members type="text" id="ref" label="Booking ref" listing="true" order="10" />
<perch:members type="text" id="destination" label="Event Destination" order="11" />
<perch:members type="date" id="date" label="Event Date" order="12" />
<perch:members type="text" id="night" label="No.nights" order="13" />
<perch:members type="textarea" id="itinery" label="Itinery" order="14" editor="redactor" />
<perch:members type="text area" id="event_info" label="Further event info" order="15" editor="redactor"/>

And this displays on event.php

<div class="wrapper cols2-nav-right">

<div class="col-md-8 md-margin-bottom-40">

<div class="headlineq">
  <h2 class="larger"><?php echo perch_member_get('event');?></h2></div>
<p style="font-size:14px">Event Organiser: <?php echo perch_member_get('first_name');?>&nbsp;<?php echo perch_member_get('last_name');?>
<br><br>
<?php echo perch_member_get('staghen');?>: <?php echo perch_member_get('staghen_name');?>
<br><br>
Destination: <?php echo perch_member_get('destination');?>
<br>
<br>
Event Date:  <?php echo perch_member_get('date');?>
<br>
<br>
No. Nights: <?php echo perch_member_get('night');?>
<br>
<br>
Itinery: <?php echo perch_member_get('itinery');?>
<br>
<br>
<perch:if exists="event_info">Further info:<?php echo perch_member_get('event_info');?></perch:if>
</p>

</div>
          <div class="col-md-4 md-margin-bottom-20" style="margin-top:60px">
        <nav class="sidebar membs">
            <?php
                if (perch_member_logged_in()) {
            ?>  
            <h2>Menu</h2>
            <ul class="sidelist">
                <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="profile.php">Your event info</a></li>
                    <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="guest.php">Guest List</a></li>
              <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="profile.php">Payments</a></li>
               <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="profile.php">Message Board</a></li>
                    <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="profile.php">View/Edit profile</a></li>
                    <li><a class="greenlink lg" href="logout.php">Log out</a></li>
                </ul>

<?php
                }else{
                    perch_members_login_form(); 
                }
            ?>
        </nav>  
    </div></div>

I have tagged this as organiser in perch. I am just confused as to how I now create guest members and associate them to the correct organizer and event etc. For guests I only need their name and email to register them and the add them to the booking.

I hope this is clear. Thank you.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so when someone registers, they need to be tagged with:

1. an organiser
  2. an event

Is that correct?

Where do we get that information from? Is it in the form?

Yes it is in the form.

They need to be tagged as organiser or guest and then tagged with the event ref.

As it stands we sign up and organizer, add personal info and event info.(members.html).

We the need to register a varying number of guests to that event which is where Im stuck!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is a guest the person registering, or another content value?

The guest is registering too. But will have some limited access.

Just had a thought which might work better...

Registered all members with the same basic form info name and email and then tagged them with a booking ref and organiser or guest.

Create separate form(s) registering event info and other details including the booking ref

Could I then on a members page call a function to match the booking ref of the member to the relevant form data?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I think that should be ok.

What would be the best method to match the booking ref to members and the event?

In short, 2 types of members. 1 event. Members need to login and view event info matched by tag or field.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What methods are you considering?

I can help you with syntax and problems, but it's really beyond the scope of our free technical support to design the solution for you. We don't have the time to fully understand your project and client and be able to give you consultation on that level.