Forum

Thread tagged as: Members

Members app - pulling off a CSV

Hi there

Is there a way to pull off a CSV or similar of all Members that have registered via the Members app?

Rich

Rich Hemery

Rich Hemery 0 points

• 6 years ago

Rich. I don't think export to csv is an option in members app yet. Not verified.

If you have a few days I could likely put together a quick app which could do this for you.

It's a good idea to add perch_forms to the register form and this csv option will be available automatically for future members.

Hi there - that would be great. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it'd be useful!

Could you clarify what you mean by "It's a good idea to add perch_forms to the register form" please?

Rich

Sure, when I get to the office I will give you a couple of links to example about how to include perch forms

Rich, if have Perch Forms installed then you need to modify your registration form template to add...

app="perch_forms perch_members"

This will first submit the form to Perch Forms, then to Perch Members, in that order. Now the only issue I have had with this is when submitting files. Both apps want to move the uploaded files to "Their" uploaded files directory, so if this isn't the same directory in both apps then you will end up with a missing file in one of the apps because the first app has already moved the file. (Make Sense?)

Now you will have the information in both apps, but the Forms app has the CSV option all worked out for you.

Now, the trick is this, because Forms is not "Updated" when changes are made to Members, Forms information will only be correct if it was correct when it was originally updated. For this reason I suggest you create a field in your members form that holds a code of sorts which would identify each form submitted by this member. This "key" will allow you to sort your csv files and apply the changes through the use of another script or program.

Last, I am working on a few apps right now that handle some of the issues between data collected by the different apps and trying to keep all the data synced, but I do not have any idea when testing will be complete and apps released.

Sending a form to multiple apps

Perch 2.3.3 introduced the ability to have multiple apps handle the form submission. This can be useful if you want to have more than one app perform an action based on the content of the form (e.g. create a member and add them to a mailing list).

To have multiple apps handle the form, set the app attribute to a space-separated list. The form will be passed to the apps in the order listed.

<perch:form app="perch_forms custom_app1 custom_app2" .. />

Robert Ketter

Thanks Robert, very thorough and helpful.