Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Gallery

Re-Generate Gallery Images

I am re-designing a site that uses the Gallery add on and I would like to change the size of image used for my album display. I have added a new version / size of image to the image.html template and changed my album template accordingly but this now shows missing images. Is there a way of regenerating the images for the new size without having to upload all the images again?

Greg Riley

Greg Riley 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are the original images still on the server?

Yes they are.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Let me see if there's something I can do...

Thanks, I will leave that bit for now and work on a different section. Fingers crossed.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I was hoping I could knock up a quick script to republish, but I'm not sure it's as simple as that. (Well, it is as simple as that but the script isn't going to be particularly quick.)

I'll think on it over the weekend.

Thanks Drew, Have a good weekend.

Any more thoughts on this please Drew?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't think there's anything I'm going to be able to achieve short-term, I'm afraid.

The Gallery app certainly needs a bit of bringing up to date, and this is one aspect I'd be keen to improve.

That’s ok I will re-upload or stick with my current sizes. Thanks for thinking about it.

Hello,

I'm updating a gallery on a perch web site and I need to regenerate images for new sizes. Drew, did you find the time to create the script you mentioned above?