Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway

Upgrade to PHP 7

Hi,

I have just upgraded my server to use EasyApache 4, which means I can venture into the wonderful world of PHP7. However when I switch to 7 I am getting the following error:

[24-Jan-2017 16:17:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Symfony\Polyfill\Mbstring\iconv_strlen() in /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php:338
Stack trace:
#0 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/bootstrap.php(31): Symfony\Polyfill\Mbstring\Mbstring::mb_strlen('</perch:repeate...', 'UTF-8')
#1 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchTemplate.class.php(1662): mb_strlen('</perch:repeate...')
#2 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchTemplate.class.php(1216): PerchTemplate->parse_paired_tags('repeater', false, '<meta name="des...', Array, false, 'render_repeater')
#3 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchTemplate.class.php(166): PerchTemplate->parse_repeaters('<meta name="des...', Array)
#4 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/core/apps/content/PerchContent_Page.class.php(238): PerchTemplate->render(Array)
#5 /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/c in /home/newgatewatches/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php on line 338

I am guessing this is a server config thing so have taken it up with my hosts too, but thought I would ask here just in case anyone knew what the fix would be.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Harrison

Mike Harrison 37 points

• 4 years ago

I was missing the iconv extension - added that and it seems to be sorted

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you have iconv installed?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There we go.

Haha thanks Drew, it's working now.

Amusingly PHP 7 increased my TTFB to around 14 seconds, so I have switched back to try and work out what is going on there