Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Creating public profiles with members app.

Hi all,

I've been looking around on the forums and docs to see if there's a way to do this but I haven't seen anything that answers my questions yet… it's possible I'm not searching for the right things though!

I'm interested in creating something along the lines of a recruitment site with paid memberships (I know the shop app will do the paid memberships when released).

Essentially, I need the people searching for work to be able to sign up and create a profile with relevant information about themselves and be able to show available dates for work. So I would need to be able to have certain parts of their profile be searchable by other users and be able to echo it to pages.

On the other side of that, the employers would need to have their own profile page so the other group of users can vet them. They need to be able to search the public data of the other group's profiles and then be able to message them about opportunities.

I've already seen that users can sign up and maintain a profile of information that would be viewable by me, the admin, but I haven't seen if it's possible to allow members to see certain parts of that information. Is that possible in Perch?

Alan Charlesworth

Alan Charlesworth 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The Members app would certainly help with the user account, but the additional functionality on top isn't something it currently does. You'd be able to use it as a basis to build on, however.

Hi Drew, thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought. So I'm guessing it would be achievable with a custom add-on via the api?

Would I be right in thinking that the standard members profile form could capture all the data I would want to display and then I would just need some way of getting and outputting that data?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, I believe that should be possible.

Great, nice one! Thanks Drew!

Did you manage to do this Alan? I am also looking of a way to show a public profile for members

Hi Lisa, unfortunately the project fell through so I never tried it in the end. If you manage to do it though I'd be interested in knowing how.

+1 for this feature. I've got a couple of projects that would benefit from this. Mainly clubs that want to contact other members. So public content protected by a member login.