Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Blog Authors - meta ad social

Hi Drew and Rachel,

I can see that blog authors has moved to meta and social. All fine - I see a note about it on the forum. However, I thought that before this change was made, a post's author was automatically set to the person creating the post (which you could then adjust if you wanted to via the drop down)? It seems that now - you have to go into meta and social, pick an author, and save - otherwise no author is captured. Just checking if this is this intentional?

Many thanks

Jane Turnbull

Jane Turnbull 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's not intentional, no. We'll take a look at it.

The other thing Drew - if you change the author - Perch is losing the categories when I list out with <?php perch_blog_categories(); ?> until I resave the post.

The categories are still ticked on the blog post admin, but I have to resave the post for them to be picked up by.

Infact - I've just tested any change on meta and social, and categories are lost to the listing until a resave.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, we'll take a look.

Hey I just thought I'd mention I'm having what I believe is the same issue. For me if you create and publish a post without going to meta tab, the blog posts appear to not belong to any author. You have browse to the meta tab and select an author.