Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Addons

Postmark problem

Hi, I am using the perch_forms app to send email with Postmark via smtp. I have added the Postmark details to the Perch config file. When the contact form is submitted the response appears in the Perch Forms responses, but the email is not received and it does not appear the Postmark activity log. There are no error messages. However, if I use the 'Test Email Settings' page to send to the same email address, everything works as it should and the message appears in my Postmark activity log. Not sure what else to try...

Perch 2.7.9 PHP 5.6.4.1

Regards, Chris

Chris Pritchard

Chris Pritchard 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the 'from' address one of your pre-approved Postmark addresses?

Yes it is. What I don't understand is why the test email gets through to Postmark, but not the contact form. Is there a difference in the way they are sent?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, there shouldn't be a difference.

If you turn debug on for the form page, and then submit the form, do you see the message being sent?

This is what I get when the success message is displayed.

SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
SELECT * FROM perch2_forms WHERE formKey='contact' LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pagePath='/contact.php' LIMIT 1
INSERT INTO perch2_forms_responses(responseJSON,formID,responseIP,responseSpamData) VALUES('{\"fields\":{\"firstname\":{\"attributes\":{\"class\":\"form-control required\",\"type\":\"text\",\"id\":\"firstname\",\"required\":\"true\"},\"value\":\"Test\"},\"lastname\":{\"attributes\":{\"class\":\"form-control required\",\"type\":\"text\",\"id\":\"lastname\",\"required\":\"true\"},\"value\":\"User\"},\"email\":{\"attributes\":{\"type\":\"email\",\"class\":\"form-control required\",\"id\":\"email\",\"required\":\"true\"},\"value\":\"test@user.com\"},\"phone\":{\"attributes\":{\"type\":\"text\",\"class\":\"form-control\",\"id\":\"phone\"},\"value\":\"\"},\"enquiry\":{\"attributes\":{\"class\":\"form-control required\",\"type\":\"textarea\",\"id\":\"enquiry\",\"required\":\"true\",\"label\":\"Enquiry\",\"rows\":\"10\"},\"value\":\"A test message.\"},\"submit\":{\"attributes\":{\"type\":\"text\",\"id\":\"submit\",\"value\":\"
SELECT * FROM perch2_forms_responses WHERE responseID='11' LIMIT 1
Using template: /templates/pages/attributes/default.html
Using sub-template: /templates/pages/attributes/seo.html
SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/contact.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC
SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageNew=0 AND pageHidden=0 ORDER BY pageTreePosition ASC
SELECT pageTreePosition FROM perch2_pages WHERE pagePath='/contact.php' LIMIT 1
SELECT pageID FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageTreePosition IN ('000-006', '000')
Using template: /templates/navigation/top-outer.html
Using template: /templates/navigation/top-inner.html
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Doesn't look like we're even trying to send an email.

What form options do you have set?

Isn't it funny how when you are looking for big problems you overlook the small ones? Somehow the 'send response by email' checkbox became deselected!

Sorry to waste your time, but I do appreciate the quick responses. Perch is the best CMS that I have used and I will continue to recommend it to others.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Glad it was a simple fix!