Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Forms

Email issue

Hi Drew/Rachel

We deployed a live site yesterday and the emails from the contact form are not working. I thought it was a typo in the template or something but after checking the normal bits, I'm left a little stumped.

There are no errors in the error log and when sending the test email through Perch, it says it sent successfully but nothing reaches the mailbox. If I send an email to it from a mail client as normal it's fine, and the client gets emails with no problems as normal, so emails in general for that mailbox are ok.

The only thing that is out of the ordinary with this site, is the domain name itself and I wondered if that was the issue behind the scenes. It's not a .com or .co.uk, but one of these new fandangled domain names. It has .build at the end. Would that cause an issue at all?

There is nothing out the ordinary with the hosting as I have plenty of Perch/Runway sites being hosted with no issues at all.

Just wondered if the domain name was the issue before sending the diagnostics out.

Thanks.

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What does the email test tool in Settings say?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

The green bar appears saying it sent successfully but nothing arrives the other end. I've checked spam folders and error logs but there is nothing.

(Edit - I just tried again with the email tool in settings, but tried other email addresses and they receive no problem. It does seem to be with the xxxx.build email address)

Cheers.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Perch is sending the email, so the issue is with deliverability.

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Sorted! Turns out you need an email account or forwarder to exist from the account your form address is being sent from. Must have just fluked that in the past!