Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Blank screen - post saves as draft instead of posting.

Hi, I'm getting the same issue as: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/09-22-2014-blank-page-after-save-turns-page-into-draft

I have the latest version of Perch 2.7.10. I have checked my apache2 error.log on my server and nothing is showing that looks untoward.

Save item in multiple item list from post blank screen press back post shows as draft.

I have checked my memory limits and raised them to: PHP limits: Max upload 200M, Max POST 24M, Memory: 200M, Total max file upload: 24M

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to check your PHP error log. That is not necessarily the same thing as the Apache log.

If you have a blank screen then you have a PHP error so you need to find out what that is.

OK Will do. THanks

I couldn't find an error log. my php.ini said error_log = /var/log/php.log, however that file didn't exist.

I have created a file now called /var/log/php_errors.log and edited php.ini to include error_log = /var/log/php_errors.log and restarted apache server.

I recreated the problem when posting in Perch then getting the blank screen. However, no logs have been added into the log.

Any tips? Thanks

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We're unable to help with server admin issues. It sounds as if PHP isn't logging errors so you'll need to figure that out first.

OK I'll speak to my host then get back to you thanks