Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

What web hosting are Perchers using?

I'm always on the lookout for a good web host. I currently use Media Temple's grid service but I'm keen to hear what everyone else uses and/or recommends?

Philip Gwynne

Philip Gwynne 1 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We're are now in our 10th year of hosting with Clook and would highly recommend them. Very few problems. When there has been an issue, it is quickly fixed or they are quickly on the case and keep you informed. If we raise a support question it usually gets a response within minutes (so, a bit like Perch, but for hosting) and that's 24/7. Over the years we've used reseller, VPS and dedicated server setups with them.

Here's a link to their site

I won't hide the fact its an affiliate link and we do get rewarded, but I'd be singing their praises even if we didn't have an affiliate account set up.

Wow, very comprehensive! Thanks Rachel.

And thank you too Graham! Good background info. If I give them a go at any point, I'll be sure to use your link.

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

Digital Ocean looks quite good Phil - had my eye on it for a while.

I'm using Digital Ocean currently, I really like it. Been with them now for well over a year.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Also worth looking at A2 Hosting, who are all set up for hosting Perch and making your site really fast:

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/hosting/a2hosting

Nice guys, thanks!

Drew, that almost sounds too good to be true at that price ;) and unlimited bandwidth/storage as well! Very tempted.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The SSD hosting is really fast, and they know all about Perch. It's shared hosting, with all that that implies, but if you're after shared hosting A2 are a good option. Ideal for those smaller sites.