Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Shop

Shop feature request

Hello,

I've seen discussion again recently regarding showing prices with and without tax. From the responses posted I don't believe it is possible to show a mixture of tax inclusive prices and tax exclusive prices on the front-end template, e.g.:

£10.00 ex vat (£12.00 inc vat). - not possible?

Could I request a feature to help achieve this, for example:

<perch:shop id="price" type="shop_currency_value" label="Price inc Tax" tax="inclusive" />
<perch:shop id="price" type="shop_currency_value" label="Price exc Tax" tax="exclusive" />

This would allow the shop to show them simultaneously. When selling products where tax can be claimed back - this is very useful for the buyer to see.

I appreciate this can be done with Javascript in the DOM, however the breaks the direct connection with the tax settings in Perch.

Tony Astley

Tony Astley 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's a bit more complex than that, in that you need to know the customer's location before you know what rate of tax they'll pay, but we'll keep it in mind.

Could it default to the standard tax group / location until they specify otherwise?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's all sorts of things we could do, yes. I'm just saying it's not completely straightforward and there are many things to take into consideration.