Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation

Duplicating Perch installation

It's been a while since I last used Perch - apologies if the answer is obvious but I can't find a solution in the forum.

I have a working installation, which I am trying to duplicate on a new installation (new licence, same shared server, different domain and DB).

I have copied over the files, changed the DB details in config.php and the site loads, with no posts to the DB as expected.

I assume I need to run the Setup to create a Perch user and set up the TB tables - So I have copied over the setup folder (as it was deleted on the working version) and filled in the form. I then get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PerchUtil::invalidate_opcache() in MY_PATH/perch/setup/modes/gather.pre.php on line 48

I assume this is something to do with file permissions as I'm sure I used to set permissions on older installs.

Any help greatly appreciated - T.I.A

Craig Lockwood

Craig Lockwood 0 points

• 4 years ago
Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Are you pulling the setup folder from a new version of Perch? An undefined method suggests there's something new in the setup folder that your version of Perch doesn't have.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you still have settings in your config/config.php file? Setup expects that to be empty, so if there's stuff in there it could derail things. That file gets populated during setup.

Doesn't seem to be that Drew - just tried with an empty config file. Will try updating to latest release.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You're probably best to get the install up and running and then import your content. Or use the existing DB and not run setup at all - just update the user accounts.