We are transitioning over to a new forum platform. Please post new issues there. Existing threads will be dealt with here unless you choose to move them over. Visit the new forum
I'm setting up my first multi-language site using option #1 from this page I am trying to be as organized as possible to avoid any issues with the setup. In that regard, I am posting here in the hopes that someone with experience in this set up, or perhaps Drew or Rachel will let me know if I am on the right path with my set up. I am starting with 3 languages and will be most likely be adding languages as the site moves forward.
The way I see it, I have 3 shared regions on all pages for each language.
Each language will have distinct pages with content unique to that area. So, I think the best setup in perch would be the following. Any thoughts, comments or better suggestions are greatly appreciated.
At my root level set up the following directories
Perch – within perch set up the following directories.
Content - One set of content templates
- EN/ global.header & global.footer
- ES/ global.header & global.footer
- FR/ global.header & global.footer
Pages – Do I need to do this? Or can I use one set of page templates and use something else to get the correct navigation/header/footer to show based on the path to the page? IE: Create a page set the path of the page to domain/com/en/page.php -- and somehow use the en/ directory to let the page know which header/footer/navigation to show? (not being a programmer, it's the "somehow" part I will need help with) OR is setting up specific page templates as shown below the best/"easiest" way to go about this?
- EN/ --home page, structured interior, freeform interior --- Includes layout/en/ global.header & global.footer
- ES/ --home page, structured interior, freeform interior --- Includes layout/es/ global.header & global.footer
- FR/ --home page, structured interior, freeform interior --- Includes layout/fr/ global.header & global.footer
- EN/ nav files for English
- ES/ nav files for English
- FR/ nav files for English
Using the setup I'm describing I believe I don't need to worry about setting page attributes and page titles as described here, correct? Any/ALL comments and help is greatly appreciated. thanks!
Want to reply to this thread?Login with Perch