Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Shop

Perch Shop back in stock email

Hi,

I have had a request to have an "Email me when back in stock" option on a Shop site, and would like to submit it as a feature request.

What they are asking for is a form with an email field on the product page, which could be set to be visible based on the stock_status of the product. In addition there would be an email in the Emails section of the Shop app, where a template could be set up which is triggered by a change in stock_status. This would then email everyone who has requested an update on that particular sku when it comes back into stock. This would include a link to that product on the site.

It sounds complex to me, but I thought I would pass it on as maybe it is something other people might be interested in having.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Harrison

Mike Harrison 37 points

• 4 years ago
Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Funnily enough, this is an app I've been looking at building for the shop.

Well you would have at least one taker!

Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

I'm working on a similar function on a Magento site right now. It shouldn't be too difficult. The only things needed (that I'm not 100 per cent sure about) is an event to hook into when the stock level changes from 0 to >= 1 and then hook into the mailer app to send the notification at the next cron job.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'll add shop.product_stock_update

Thanks both - I think it is probably over my head PHP wise but Ben if I can help in any way if you do decide to put something together just shout!

Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Drew McLellan said:

I'll add shop.product_stock_update

Thanks Drew. As soon as it's out, I'll look at getting the add on built. There's actually quite a few things that can be hooked onto the back of that event, so could be quite productive.

Is there a list of events for the apps, especially Shop?