Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Search results containing custom id

Hello,

There's a good amount of posts on this already but they're either old or not being responded to by the person asking the question. I'm looking to include custom id's in my Perch search results. They do not show as available when I put <perch:showall/> into the search results template. Is there another way around this to access those?

Jared Dutra

Jared Dutra 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you give an example of what you mean? Which version are you using?

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/05-28-2017-displaying-custom-fields-in-search-results

This is a post explaining it. A custom id field is added to my post.html master page, but is unavailable in search results templates. If it's not possible at the moment just mark it as a suggestion

Diagnostics below:

Perch: 3.0.13, PHP: 5.4.24, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: 2d8f599f49e5e8d2f5ba7112b5c444b3e2e48cdf $, with PDO
Server OS: WINNT, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.0.13), assets (3.0.13), categories (3.0.13), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_forms (1.10)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms' ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHN-Dev\perch
PERCH_CORE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHN-Dev\perch\core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHN-Dev\perch\resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 4096M, Max POST 1024M, Memory: 1024M, Total max file upload: 1024M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHN-Dev
HTTP_HOST: phn.sungraphicsmedia.com
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you mean specifically in the Blog app?

My troubles are coming from trying to mix the Blog app and the search function, yes. I made a field in post.html <perch:blog id="customField" ... /> and cannot figure out a way to display it in search results.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't think that's currently possible with Blog.

Ok, just mark it as a suggestion. Thanks!