Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Members App Forms Access

Hey

I have set up the members app on a current site we're developing and all works perfectly well. When a site visitor registers as a member for the site, they use a form that comes to Perch that awaits the site to owner to accept. All this works fine and dandy.

However, my client wants to change the setting of the form in the members app which I thought they would be able to do no problem but when they go in to Members, they get the list of registered and pending members but they don't get access to the form to change the properties. Obviously we do as admins but they are a different role and don't see it. I even ticked every single permission (even ones nothing to do with members and forms just to see!) but they never get access to the form properties in the members app.

Is it only available to primary admins? I can't give any more permissions so not sure what else to try. Maybe run some sql on the database but obviously don't want to do that.

Any help would be grand.

Thanks..

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

They need the perch_members.forms.manage priv, which only admins get.

Put this in a page with the Perch runtime included

$API = new PerchAPI(1.0, 'perch_members');
    $UserPrivileges = $API->get('UserPrivileges');
    $UserPrivileges->create_privilege('perch_members.forms.manage', 'Manage member forms');

Load the page, then remove the code.

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points
Registered Developer

Drew, you are a diamond. Worked a treat. Thank you.