Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Configuration

Multisite CMS installation

Hello,

I am working with a customer which has one company divided in 5 individual divisions. Each division needs a seperate website. Now the customer wants to be able to write a blog article that will display on all 5 websites, without having to write that article 5 times. So, my question: Is it possible to install Perch on these 5 websites, which share the same database, like Drupal offers: https://www.drupal.org/docs/7/multisite/multi-site-sharing-the-same-code-base

Mike Hendriks

Mike Hendriks 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you can install multiple copies of Perch on one database, but they wouldn't share tables.

Are you trying to syndicate posts from one blog into the others or just display the same blog on each site?

The customer would like to write blogs from one place, and choose on what website the blog will display. So some blogs will be displayed on all websites, and others only on 1 or 2 websites for example.

Also, if I understand correctly, I would need to buy multiple copies of Perch? The websites are located on different domains, but it is one company. So, if I choose to use Runway would it cost 5 licenses or am I able to use just one license?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's nothing in Perch that would do that. You'd need to develop that functionality as an add-on.

Also, if I understand correctly, I would need to buy multiple copies of Perch?

Yes, if you have 5 sites you need 5 licenses.