Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Email Notification

Hi,

I have built a site on Perch Runway, which has a Vacancies section for which I am using a Collection. The client has asked for vacancies to have a start and end date, outside of which they would not display on the website. I have implemented this by setting a variable for today's date, and then checking against this in the template.

They have now asked for an automated email to be sent once a vacancy is nearing that expiry date (e.g. 3 days to go), to notify them and allow them to update it if necessary. My questions are:

1) Is this possible using Perch Runway as-is, and if so how would I go about it?

2) If it requires a custom app, should I hang fire for Runway 3 or would any work I do translate ok to the new version?

Thanks as always

Mike

Mike Harrison

Mike Harrison 37 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You'd need to write your own code to do this. Would it have a user interface? If not then it should work as-is with v3.

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the reply - no user interface required, they wouldn't need to adjust anything. I will wait for V3, as it would be easier for me to avoid writing a custom app.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

v3 won't do this for you. The situation will be no different then.

Ah sorry yes I misunderstood your reply. Ok will start on my first app :)