Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Import perch blog into another perch blog

What would be the best method to merge one perch blog into another?

Stephen Turvey

Stephen Turvey 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

As in multiple blogs in one Runway install, or from two different Perch installs?

Two different standard Perch installs

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You'd need to do that at that database level - there's no provision to do that directly in Perch itself.

Ok thanks. I'm comparing the two databases and although both are using blog version 5.0, one of them has two extra tables:

perch2_blog_categories, perch2_blog_posts_to_categories

Why is that?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sounds like one is missing some tables.

I've got something weird happening after importing some blog posts. I copied the db tables over and all the posts appear as normal. I then copied over the images to new resources folder and so the images appear too. But if I open up a post in the admin and re-save, the image gets replaced with a (seemingly) random photo from an unrelated bucket (my 'testimonials' bucket, for some reason).

I guess it must have something to do with the resources IDs getting mixed up? How can I prevent that?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that would be the IDs from one system not matching the other. I don't really have a way for you to avoid that, as what you're doing isn't a scenario the software is designed for.

I notice there is a provision for importing posts from wordpress. How are the images/resources handled for those? (I also have some WP posts that need importing later)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

They're not. WP just embeds a URL, there's no assets IDs to manage.

Is there a way to republish all the blog posts like you can do with Pages?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can go to

/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/update/