Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Cannot login after updating Perch from 2.8.25 to 2.8.26

I've updated my local (MAMP) copy of an in-development site to 2.8.26 (from 2.8.25) and can no longer login.

When the (correct) username and password are entered and the "log in" button pressed, the page flashes but does go any further.

The following errors appeared in my PHP error log after updating:

[19-Feb-2016 12:32:07 America/Vancouver] PHP Warning:  include(/local/path/to/website.com/admin/core/runtime/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /local/path/to/website.com/admin/runtime.php on line 2
[19-Feb-2016 12:32:07 America/Vancouver] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/local/path/to/website.com/admin/core/runtime/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.6.10/lib/php') in /local/path/to/website.com/admin/runtime.php on line 2
[19-Feb-2016 12:32:07 America/Vancouver] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function perch_layout() in /local/path/to/website.com/admin/templates/pages/default.php on line 3

These three errors repeat themselves identically 72 times over the course of 1-1/2 minutes. There are no similar errors before these ones (the log dates back to November 2015), and no similar ones appear after rolling back to 2.8.25 from my staging build and successfully logging in.

Anyone else having this issue? Can I provide any further details?

Thanks.

Richard Terrick

Richard Terrick 3 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the file actually missing?

Hey – somehow I missed your reply to my question, so apologies for the late response!

File was not missing – I was able to solve the issue by visiting /perch/core/update (or in my case, admin/core/update) per your instructions to Graham here. I missed the note in the update log, but am happy it's solved.

Thanks!