Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Hosting

Website Is Down

I've just noticed that my website is down and am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php(62): PerchDB_MySQL->open_link() #1 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php(100): PerchDB_MySQL->get_link() #2 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchSettings.class.php(56): PerchDB_MySQL->get_rows('SELECT DISTINCT...') #3 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchLang.class.php(19): PerchSettings->get('lang') #4 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchLang.class.php(44): PerchLang->__construct() #5 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchLang.class.php(61): PerchLang::fetch() #6 /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchAdm in /homepages/25/d454771367/htdocs/LIVE - WeCreate Design/perch/core/lib/PerchDB_MySQL.class.php on line 18

Any ideas what's going on? I need to get this up and running ASAP.

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

John Sheehan

John Sheehan 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is your Perch version recent?

The server is missing the standard mysql_ functions, which either indicates a very broken install of an old version of PHP, or a perfectly fine install of PHP7.

Perch stopped using the mysql_ functions back in 2013 when they were deprecated, so it looks like your software could be 4 years out of date.

Hi Drew,

I believe it is the latter, in that the site is running on a very old version of Perch. However, up until recently it has been working fine.

Is there a different set of steps from upgrading from a very old version? Can you point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, the steps are the same. You probably want to run the update in your dev environment first in case there are any issues to address.

https://grabaperch.com/update/