Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Runway

Perch Nav custom link

Is it possible to create in the perch cms tree a 'page' which i actually just to represent a link to either another part of the cms tree or to an external site?

We are using perch nav, but the client has just asked to replace one page with a link to another part of the site, so breaking the current output.

Thanks!

My page html:

<nav> <?php perch_pages_navigation(array( 'from-path' => '/sub-page', 'template' => 'item.html', 'levels' => 1 )); ?> </nav>

Diagnostic:

Perch Runway: 2.8.32, PHP: 5.4.45, MySQL: 5.5.46, with MySQLi Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.32), assets (2.8.32), categories (2.8.32), perch_blog (5.0), perch_forms (1.8.3) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/fullfatwebsite/public_html/zenithcosmetic/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/fullfatwebsite/public_html/zenithcosmetic/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/fullfatwebsite/public_html/zenithcosmetic/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 25M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 25M F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2 Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/fullfatwebsite/public_html/zenithcosmetic HTTP_HOST: zenithcosmetic.fullfatwebsitedesign.co.uk REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Wayne Hooper

Wayne Hooper 6 points

• 4 years ago
Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Yes. Create the page as you normally would. Then in page options, change the path to the location of the page you want it to point at.

Thanks Ben - that's a great help!

Hi Ben - I did what you suggested, but it created some bugs that I raised in a thread here:

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/03-13-2017-runway-page-content-keeps-disappearing

Drew got back to me saying it wasn't designed to do this, but I'm asking if he has another solution. Just wanted to highlight this in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks