Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Shop

Perch Shop - Braintree - Generating Client Token

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues generating a Client Token for use with the Drop-in Payment UI.

• Is anybody able to provide some code examples of how we're supposed to do this? I've been going round in circles in the Braintree docs!
  • Do we need to generate a fresh Client Token for each visitor?

I've got this so far:

checkout.php:

<?php

perch_shop_cart([
    'template'=>'cart/cart_static.html'
]);

perch_shop_order_addresses();

perch_shop_payment_form('braintree');

if (perch_member_logged_in() && perch_post('payment_method_nonce')) {

$return_url = 'https://staging.flykartel.com/shop/success';

perch_shop_checkout('braintree', [
    'return_url' => $return_url,
    'cancel_url' => 'https://staging.flykartel.com',
    'token'      => perch_post('payment_method_nonce')
]);
}

?>

braintree_payment_form.html (just the ajax call):

var clientToken = $.ajax({ type: "GET", url: "/cms/templates/pages/shop/gen_client_token.php", success: function(){ console.log('Y') }, error: function(){ console.log('N') } }); braintree.setup(clientToken, "dropin", { container: 'dropin-container', paypal: { singleUse: true, amount: <perch:shop id="amount" escape="true" />, currency: '<perch:shop id="currency" escape="true" />' }, });

gen_client_token.php:

<?php echo($clientToken = Braintree_ClientToken::generate()); ?>

The trouble is that the AJAX call just returns an error about the Braintree_Configuration class not being found, or about how the merchantID has to be set.

Everything's already set up, and the payment gateway does actually work, I managed to generate a client token by echoing it out, copying it and pasting it in to the braintree.setup call, but if we have to generate a new token for each client, that's obviously not going to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Harry

Harry Ray

Harry Ray 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this a different implementation method than the basic method we ship with?

Hi Drew,

Nope - not as far as I'm aware. I've followed the Perch Shop docs for the Braintree gateway, but that didn't generate a client token or anything so I've had to piece it together from Braintree's docs too.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

One immediate problem I can see is that you're calling perch_shop_checkout() after other content has been output to the page.

Ah - the reason for that is that if I use:

<?php echo($clientToken = Braintree_ClientToken::generate()); ?>

Before I call the payment form, it doesn't work and throws a fatal error. Perhaps because braintree.setup() gets called in the payment form?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't really support your custom solution. If you want to put together a basic version using the example from the docs then I can help with any issues you have with that.

I've tried using the example in the docs, but I suppose I was over-complicating things.

Am I right in saying that the token parameter here is the Client Token that Braintree is looking for?

perch_shop_checkout('braintree', [
    'return_url' => $return_url,
    'token'      => perch_post('payment_method_nonce')
  ]);

Thanks Drew - I totally over-complicated the example from the docs. Grabbed a fresh download and took the braintree form from there. Sorted!