Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Third-party

Warnings appearing for session when using slick

When I post a comment I get two warnings:

session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/addons/feathers/slick/runtime.php:3) in /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php

and:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/addons/feathers/slick/runtime.php:3) in /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php

The comments are being posted correctly so I'm not too worried but can I ignore and hide these warnings or do I need to take some action?

Nick Capehorn

Nick Capehorn 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What's Slick?

A carousel slider. I have installed it because I picked up a development which was 90% done but the developer has overridden the carousel js in such a complex way that when I wanted to put another carousel in it was virtually impossible and I found it easier to use a different plugin, using feathers. Slick is working perfectly and I wasn't getting any warnings (that I could see) until I activated comments for my blog.

The comments are working too so I'm inclined to just ignore the warnings - what would be the easiest way to do that? It's a time critical piece of work unfortunately....

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, this isn't something that has come from us, so we can't really offer support for it.

Fair enough - that's why I put it in the forum. I've seen discussion here about other third party sliders and I was hoping someone may have advice to offer. We run a number of Perch sites but I haven't encountered this problem before.

Problem solved - in my runtime.php for the feather I had two blank lines above my opening <?php tag!