Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Striptags="true" not working in meta

I've set up a simple page for a client and also added the meta tags for title, description and keywords into the template

However, I've come up against a problem:

Despite adding striptags="true" to the tag, the tags which use textarea are being wrapped in <p> tags.

Have I done something wrong? strip tags always worked for me on other non-meta areas

This is what I'm doing below...

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="<perch:content id="meta-page-description" type="textarea" label="Meta Description" textile="true" editor="markitup" required="false" striptags="true"/>" />
Nik Gill

Nik Gill 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Perch doesn't know what's going on outside your template tags, so it doesn't matter if it's a meta tag or not.

Have you resaved the content since changing the template?

Hi Drew, yeah... I've re-uploaded the template with the striptags added, resaved the content and they're still appearing. I've even cleared browser cache and re-checked the source code and they're still being shown.

Pulling my hair out... the client has noticed and has requested that they be removed as he's thinks it'll harm his SEO (dunno, it might, I'm no expert)

Ah, my mistake yet again. I didn't check the Perch version, it's an older cms version and 'just' before strip tags was introduced, literally the version before you brought it out. Just updating to the latest version which I'm positive will fix it.