Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Suggestions, CKEditor

break line code html

Hi, I don't know if this generated by perch code or is something else, this is the first time I see this. I uploaded on server my html page with perch code inside. All the code is organized in sublime text, example code 1. After, I downloaded the page from ftp and all the code has many break lines, example code 2. I used the same sublime text, I don't have this problem with other sites from the server that are not using perch.

Any ideas about this problem? Thank you.

code 1
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/normalize.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/grid.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/panel-home.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
    <link href="css/nav.css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

code 2

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/normalize.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/grid.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

<link href="css/nav.css" media="screen, projection" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale = 1.0">

Geapana Eduard

Geapana Eduard 1 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What problem is this causing you?

Rachel Andrew said:

What problem is this causing you?

Is not a technical problem, but now I am working with the backup from FTP, and is hard to work with disorganized lines, with so much space between the lines. The code had 286 lines and know are about 450. Initial I worked on code to be clean, organized, grouped on header, body, content.

I don't know if this is generated because I inserted the perch code or something else, to know the cause.

Thank you.

Yes. A lot of new lines will be inserted in your output where perch tags were in your templates. While this can be limited it's almost impossible to eliminate it without making your templates hard to read.

This is only in the output, perch makes not changes to the files them self.

My text editor I use for editing has a function which removes all empty lines with a single click, and likely most text editors have similar options.

Unless this is affecting your html output, only code snatchers will ever see the raw html markup.

:)

ok, I will get used to this format. I think will be much easier when all the code will be with regions and changes in admin without much intervention in code.

Thank you.

Robert Ketter said:

Yes. A lot of new lines will be inserted in your output where perch tags were in your templates. While this can be limited it's almost impossible to eliminate it without making your templates hard to read.

This is only in the output, perch makes not changes to the files them self.

My text editor I use for editing has a function which removes all empty lines with a single click, and likely most text editors have similar options.

Unless this is affecting your html output, only code snatchers will ever see the raw html markup.

:)