Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Can't login in after php 5.5 update.

Good day, I cannot seem to login in after I had updated from my server php 5.3 to 5.5. The username and password is correct but when I click log in, it does not re-direct to the dashboard. This is added to my URL link "?r=%2Fperch%2Fcore%2Fdashboard%2F". In fact, when I try a different password, that's when I get the "Sorry, those details are incorrect. Please try again." So I know that I am using the right username and password. I even tried to reset my password, but I get no email to reset.

I enabled the debug mode, and this is what I get below.

SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0 Queries: 1 Memory: 1.5504 Array ( [type] => 2 [message] => session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e54b3b1f1d3ac125c7c9b215a0c74381, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) [file] => /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php [line] => 19 )

Any suggestions please.

Thank you!!

David Bowen

David Bowen 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No such file or directory means you are missing files. Check you have uploaded everything.

When I recently updated to perch 2.8.26, my website received a 500 internal server error. So I figured I needed to update my server php from 5.3 to 5.5. Well I did that and my website started working again, but perch admin received a database connection error. On my control panel, I changed the password to the database and I changed it in my config.php file. That resolved the problem but now I can't log in to perch admin, even though it's the right username and password.

I did not remove any files from the server, so I do not know why files are missing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I re-uploaded the previous backup 2.8.21 to start fresh and I changed back the server to php 5.3. Everything works. So I wanted to troubleshoot to see if it's a php server issue and I believe it is. When I changed the server to php 5.5, everything works but I can't log in perch admin even though it's the right username and password. This information is added to the URL "?r=%2Fperch%2Fcore%2Fdashboard%2F".

Is this telling me that I need to continue using php 5.3 even though my control panel shows php 5.5 and 5.6?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e54b3b1f1d3ac125c7c9b215a0c74381, O_RDWR) failed

This is a problem with your PHP sessions configuration under PHP 5.5. Depending on your hosting, it may have a different php.ini configuration file, so you may need to reconfigure where the session files are stored.

I am not sure how to reconfigure where the sessions are stored. Do you think my hosting company might know how to accomplish this?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

They're probably the only people qualified to answer.

Contacted my hosting company and issue was resolved. Thank you