We are transitioning over to a new forum platform. Please post new issues there. Existing threads will be dealt with here unless you choose to move them over. Visit the new forum

Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Custom entry field for shop product

I wondered if it is possible to add a custom field to the product page that gets attached to the order?

This is for a site that makes custom products, such as those that have personalized names or dates on the product.

So a field that says please add the name you want to appear and that name to appear with the order details?

Daniel Ruffle

Daniel Ruffle 0 points

• 2 years ago

Further to this is it possible to have multiple options on the same product with some that affect the price and some that don't? For example:

<input type="text" name="NameToAppear" />
<select>
<option value="">Please Select...</option>
<option value="46">Baby Girl</option>
<option value="47">Baby Boy</option>
<option value="48">Princess/Fairy</option>
<option value="49">Nautical</option>
<option value="50">Toys & Games</option>
<option value="51">Christening</option>
<select>
<option value="">Please Select...</option>
<option value="1261">A4 Unframed Print</option>
<option value="1262">A3 Unframed Print (+£14.00)</option>
<option value="1263">Oak Frame (+£16.00)</option>
<option value="1264">White Frame (+£16.00)</option>
<option value="1265">Black Frame (+£16.00)</option>
</select>

Hi Daniel,

Answers to your questions below:

1) You can add a cart-property as part of the checkout, which comes through with the order. There isn't currently per-product custom fields, though I understand that is on the roadmap.

2) Take a look at options and variants, that should do what you need: https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/shop/products/

Thanks Mike

Does anyone know if this will be part of the next version of the shop? Or if there is a way around it currently? I would have thought it would be a fairly common thing to need.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's on the roadmap, but I can't say whether it'll be in the next release. Likely not - it's a fairly chunky feature.