Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Meta

Meta tags moved out of header

I've noticed that anything I manually code into my php header, like meta tags, JavaScript, links, etc get moved out of the header and into the body.

I'm I missing something?

when I look at my code of the page, everything is in the right place, when I view source under safari or chrome, all those tags are moved into the body.

Blake Myers

Blake Myers 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds very odd. Can you show us what you're doing in your page?

I am a daft idiot ... it has nothing to do with Perch at all ... and I am sorry for making you think it was perch's fault. MY BAD TOTALLY.

but ... for learning sake ... I was using Sara Soueidon's svg icon system as posted on css-tricks (https://css-tricks.com/svg-sprites-use-better-icon-fonts/) and I made a boo boo with WHERE I placed the php include of the combined svgs.

I had them ABOVE the <html> tag and it should have been the first thing UNDER the <body> tag. strangely enough, that's what caused all the browser engines to move entire <head></head> stuff under the <body> tag.

I thought it was perch cause it only happened to my two perch sites and not my others ... but when I go look at my others, it does it there too.

again, sorry :(

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No problem, glad you got it sorted.