Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Addons

missing runtime.php for campaign monitor

Hi - I installed Perch Campaign Monitor but now I get a warning that the runtime.php file is missing (which it is): Warning : include(/home/iconwww/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_cm/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/core/inc/apps.php

Warning : : include(): Failed opening '/home/iconwww/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_cm/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/iconwww/public_html/perch/core/inc/apps.php

I have downloaded the campaign monitor app and put the folder into my apps folder. Do I need to create a runtime.php for the app? Thanks

Nick Capehorn

Nick Capehorn 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think that's just a dashboard widget - it doesn't have or need a runtime.php file.

But why am I getting a warning then? I just added the folder into my apps folder and then added the app in apps.php.

Also I want to use a form to sign up - how do I link that to Campaign Monitor?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's just a dashboard widget - it doesn't have a runtime. It shouldn't be added to apps.php, as there's no runtime to add.

Thanks Drew. I've included forms to allow a User to sign up for a something and when they do I want to record it in campaign monitor - I haven't found much documentation about how to do this. Please can you point me in the right direction?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Perch doesn't have anything to do that - the Campaign Monitor dashboard widget just gives you stats about a list.

Forgive me I'ma bit of a rookie and I wasn't being clear. I want to accept a name and email address on a page and for that person to then become a subscriber. I also want to send them an email with an attachment when they subscribe. I assumed that I would use forms to accept the name and email address and then let campaign monitor know that I had a new subscriber - I'm not sure how this all hangs together in Perch - do I even need forms?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Perch doesn't have anything to let you app people to a Campaign Monitor list. You'll need to see what CM offers in terms of integration.

What you've downloaded is just a dashboard widget.