Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Perch 2.8 & Blog Redactor Issues

Hello,

Using Perch 2.8 and the latest version of blog is causing me issues with redactor.

The redactor editor is not displaying until I save the blog post, even posts that have been created before.

It's just the normal textarea.

<perch:blog label="Blog Text" order="4" id="postDescHTML" bucket="blog" type="textarea" html="true" editor="redactor" required="true" />
Dexter Harrison

Dexter Harrison 29 points

• 6 years ago

Dexter, did you update the redactor plugin too? I don't have this issue.

Yeah i did, it works fine on normal content regions but not on blog.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Check that it's not just your browser caching. It's working fine here.

Nope, that's not the issue unfortunately

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so you'll need to give me more information, as I say, it's working fine here.

Do you get any errors in your browser console?

No there's no errors in the console.

Not sure what information i can give you.

It was working until i updated to Perch 2.8 and all the apps & editors

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

OK, well if anyone else sees it I might be able to find a pattern.

Update to this, it's not just blog & redactor.

It's all Apps and All Editors. Even if just make it markitup.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

As of yet no one else has reported anything like this.

+1. I'm seeing it too. Blog textarea fields with redactor set as the editor don't show the toolbar until the post is saved. Running locally on MAMP. Debug is below.

Debug Message SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='cef26fce13dde9ef29a9d16f8de1c42b' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='2d20e72c0f081b2acd67ad6a7c26f317' WHERE userID=1 SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_authors WHERE authorEmail='franz@copyanddesign.com' LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_posts WHERE postID=6 SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC Using template: /templates/blog/post.html SELECT COUNT(*) FROM perch2_blog_comments WHERE commentStatus='PENDING' Adding: Keep this to one short sentence. Adding: Post your video's embed code from YouTube. On the YouTube video page, choose Share, then Embed. Click Show More and make sure to uncheck the option for showing suggested videos and showing video title. SELECT * FROM perch2_categories c, perch2_category_sets s WHERE c.setID=s.setID AND s.setSlug='blog' ORDER BY catTreePosition ASC Adding: Adding: Check this box to feature this post on the LEARN landing page. Adding: Default SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_authors ORDER BY authorFamilyName, authorGivenName ASC Queries: 12 Memory: 4.1174

To add to the above, I've since redone my post.html blog template to include blocks. Now redactor doesn't show up at all, either on loading the edit page, or when saving it.

My code:

<perch:blocks> <!--TEXT--> <perch:block type="text" label="Text"> <perch:blog id="postDescHTML" type="textarea" label="Text" editor="redactor" html="true" size="xl autowidth" required="false" /> </perch:block>

(additional perch:blocks here)

</perch:blocks>

Debug below:

Debug Message SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='34c48732e0a6fac2bb42fdef4736373a' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='79416e8a217ec7eae27d2019e15f356d' WHERE userID=1 SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_authors WHERE authorEmail='franz@copyanddesign.com' LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_posts WHERE postID=6 SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC Using template: /templates/blog/post.html SELECT COUNT(*) FROM perch2_blog_comments WHERE commentStatus='PENDING' Adding: This only appears in the listings of articles. Keep in very brief. Adding: Default SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_authors ORDER BY authorFamilyName, authorGivenName ASC Queries: 11 Memory: 4.0332

Followup solution: It seems that if I didn't have an editor set on the blog id="excerpt", editors wouldn't show up on any subsequent textareas. Adding editor="redactor" on perch:blog id="excerpt" made redactor show up on all subsequent textareas.

Nice, that works cheers Franz

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We should have an update out soon.