Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog, Gallery

Multiple paginations

Hello,

I’m working on a design were the designer has both paginated albums and blog posts on the home page. Is it possible to have 2 separate paginated things on a single page.

I initially noticed a problem with the blog posts not displaying when showing the second album page. I set the pagination for the blog posts to false and the blog worked again (without paging which I hadn’t set up for the blog posts yet).

I thought that using 2 different pagination-var setting should work, but the URL doesn’t seem to be changing. For the gallery I have:

perch_gallery_album_listing(array(
 'template'=>'our_work_album.html',
 'image'=>true,
 'count'=>12,
 'paginate' =>true,
 'pagination-var' => 'albumpage',
));

I assumed that should change the query string for paging to use albumpage instead of page but it doesn’t seem to.

Should using pagination-var change the querystring?

Should I be able to get 2 different paginated things by setting a different pagination-var for each?

Diagnostics report
HEALTH CHECK

Perch is up to date
PHP 5.5.17 is up to date
MySQL 5.5.38 is up to date
Image processing available
SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8, PHP: 5.5.17, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8), assets (2.8), categories (2.8), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.2), perch_gallery (2.8.6)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery' ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/TwoLittleFishes/Dropbox/sites/outdodesign.co.uk/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/TwoLittleFishes/Dropbox/sites/outdodesign.co.uk/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/TwoLittleFishes/Dropbox/sites/outdodesign.co.uk/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/TwoLittleFishes/Dropbox/sites/outdodesign.co.uk
HTTP_HOST: outdodesign.local:8888
Nick Bramwell

Nick Bramwell 5 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think it might be a bug with Gallery still using the old pagination_var option. Can you try that?

If that works, set both pagination_var and pagination-var and that will ensure it keeps working when the bug is fixed.

Hello Drew,

thanks the pagination for the gallery is working great now.

Have a great afternoon

Nick