Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

Help with a messy install

I've just deployed my Perch site to its live server. I'm getting a 500 error when trying to view any dynamic page, or when trying to log in to Perch. The site works fine locally, and has already been successfully deployed to a staging server elsewhere, so I assume this problem is unique to the environment. My hosting support have been helpful but can't shed any light on this issue.

I've set the perch_config to display errors, and on the CMS login screen i get the following:

Debug Message
[15] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 1
Memory: 1.5445

Any ideas? Sorry if this is a bit vague; I'll try to give more info if I can.

Will Wallace

Will Wallace 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

A 500 error means there is an error in your PHP error log, so a question to ask your host is where is that error log?

If finding the actual error doesn't help then paste it here so we can have a look.

The host said they couldn't find any log files (!) but I checked the cPanel error section and found this:

[Tue Mar 07 19:06:48.878911 2017] [:error] [pid xxxxxx] [client xx.xxx.x.xx:xxxxx] SoftException in Application.cpp:632: Directory "/home/c4libroconsultan/public_html/perch/core" is writeable by group

I'm rubbish with file permissions – is being writeable by group a bad thing?

(Edited to say: the error log is much bigger than that, but it's basically the same thing over and over)

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We really can't help with a hosting setup, if the host are being unhelpful I'd suggest finding a better host.

That's totally fair. Thanks anyway.