Forum

Thread tagged as: Members

Member tags not working

I hope it's ok I start a new thread for this I wanted to pop all of the code in to see if you know what the problem might be and start afresh.

So what I'm essentially trying to do is create an area on a page with links that will be greyed out if the member does not have the tag 's2access' but will be a blue live link if the member does.

My template code is:

<perch:member has-tag="s2access">
<perch:before>
<h3>Stage Two Data Room Links</h3>
<div class="row">
</perch:before>
    <div class="col-sm-6">
        <a href="<perch:content type="text" id="URL" label="Link URL" order="2" required="true" title="false" />" class="download" target="_blank"><perch:content type="text" id="desc" label="Link text" order="1" required="true" title="true" /></a>
    </div>
<perch:after>
</div>
</perch:after>
<perch:else:member />
<perch:before>
<h3>Stage Two Data Room Links</h3>
<p>Access to Stage two data rooms will be confirmed to parties who qualify after evaluation of Stage one submissions.</p>
<div class="row">
</perch:before>
    <div class="col-sm-6">
        <a href="#" class="download inactive"><perch:content type="text" id="desc" label="Link text" order="1" required="true" title="true" /></a>
    </div>
<perch:after>
</div>
</perch:after>
</perch:member>

I enter the tag into the field within the Perch Members > Editing a Member section but nothing changes.

For all intents and purposes in my mind this should work but is there a reason it isn't in the way I have done the template or is it more likely somewhere else?

Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor 0 points

• 6 years ago

This is my perch_content_custom tag calling in the template.

<?php
if (perch_member_logged_in ()) {
perch_content_custom('Stage Two Links', array(
    'template'=>'stage_two_links.html',
));
?>
<?php
}else{
    echo '<h1>You are not logged in</h1><p>To access downloads and the data room please log in below:</p>';
        perch_members_login_form(); 
 }
?>
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I enter the tag into the field within the Perch Members > Editing a Member section but nothing changes.

I think that's the key. If you can't assign the tag, you'll never be able to test for it.

Just out of curiosity. What version of PHP do I need to run this, when I go to diagnostics I have a 'very up of date version' 5.3.28?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

PHP 5.3 has been end-of-lifed by PHP, so I would plan to update.

Can you try with Members 1.2?

Oh wow! That seems to have done the job. Thanks Drew!! To the rescue as always :)