Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Runway

Pages not fulling loading

I've moved my site live today and I'm getting occational partital page loads now. But I do get the following error in the error.log, has anyone seen this before?

[Wed Mar 09 12:20:10 2016] [error] [client 86.189.161.34]
(104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/dev/shm/swagukor-php.fcgi" aborted: read failed, referer: https://www.burrellsjewellers.co.uk/contact
[Wed Mar 09 12:20:10 2016] [error] [client 86.189.161.34]
Handler for fastcgi-script returned invalid result code 1, referer: https://www.burrellsjewellers.co.uk/contact

Here's the Diagnostics too.

Perch Runway: 2.8.26, PHP: 5.5.12, MySQL: 5.1.70, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, fpm-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.26), assets (2.8.26), categories (2.8.26), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_mailchimp', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /chroot/home/swagukor/burrellsjewellers.co.uk/html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /chroot/home/swagukor/burrellsjewellers.co.uk/html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /chroot/home/swagukor/burrellsjewellers.co.uk/html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 2048M, Total max file upload: 64M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.burrellsjewellers.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/swagukor/burrellsjewellers.co.uk/html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Chris Comben

Chris Comben 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's not something I've seen before - it might be worth asking your host.

Cool, I have asked them and found a few bits online talking about load timeouts etc, so I'll let you know what happens for future peeps.

It now looks like it maybe a time out issue, but no one knows really. I've switch the debug on and it gets part way through the page and then throws out an internal server error.

So my localhost final details for this particular page is:

Request time: 0.4035
Process time: 0.4008
Memory: 5.2109

However in live it doesn't get that are before erroring out. I'm wondering if it's taking too long to generate?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That does look slow - pages shouldn't take almost half a second to generate. What are you doing on the page? Is it always the same page?

Oh sorry, that's from my local machine, it was just to highlight the fact that the live site is erroring before that.

Last Night Nexcess added the following to my config:

opcache.enable = off

That 'seems' to have addressed the issue, their logic was the following:

"Opcache can break page builds if the cached content and the content called for by scripts differs. So if the data on disk changes and PHP has the stale data cached, it may cause PHP to crash. Disabling this may help with that."

Does that sound reasonable?

I'm now getting this on live for that same page as a return time:

Request time: 0.0596
Process time: 0.0591
Memory: 4.5885
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I've never seen that happen with opcache, but if it's fixed it then that's fine.

Good to see the live server is a bit faster!