Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Runway

Building a Media Library in Perch Runway?

We are wanting to create an Media Library (think something similar to iStockPhoto but for internal company use).

We were looking at the Gallery App but now are considering doing this by using Collections in Runway as it will enable us to build relationships with other content.

In a similar way to Albums in the Gallery App we want to create "Image Series" which we can assign multiple image to. This would group images of photo shoots or events.

1. We don't want to use a repeating image field as this will mean people are there all day adding images. Is there a field type for Bulk Image upload?

2. If you were to build what has been describe how would you go about doing it in Perch?

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I would use the Assets app rather than Gallery. That has bulk upload, and the ability to use assets in any size.

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

Assets would make sense but would we be able to build a front end interface for the media items? How would you go about organising the content? Collections?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I really don't know. Would collections work for what you're trying to do?

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

I guess my question is can you batch upload images when creating a Collection item (and have those images connected to the item)? It doesn't look like it is possible.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You can batch upload to an image field by dragging the items into the drop zone within the assets panel.

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

Yes I have observed that. I'm clearly not explaining my self very well.

What I'm trying to do is create a collection called "Image Series" containing many images. Each of those images has data stored against it meaning the images would need to be contained in a separate collection called "Images".

In essence I'd be creating a One to Many relationship - "Image Series" has many "Images".

Instead of uploading each image individually as a collection item I'd prefer to batch add them in one interface in a similar way to the Gallery App.

I'm not sure that is clearer. Does this sound like I need to create a custom App?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Possibly a custom app, or at least a field type.

Dan Lee

Dan Lee 1 points

Thanks Drew.