Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Perch auto-creating shared regions for an existing page

Hello Drew / Rachel.

A client's site of mine seems to be generating new regions for it's homepage every few days. The regions it re-creates are all shared regions, so it's like it forgets to use the shared ones, sees the perch region tags in the markup, and creates new regions with those names just for that page. As a result, the existing shared regions are ignored in favour of the new, empty ones.

Is there a way to prevent Perch from generating these? I understand it usually generates them for a brand new page when it detects regions with new names or in new places, but this hasn't been a new page for quite some time.

Any help appreciated as always!

Liam

Liam Coates

Liam Coates 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version of Perch are you running?

That would be 2.7.7 - is this where I realise that a simple Perch update would have done the trick?

Liam

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You should update and if the issue is still happening post back with your Diagnostic Report.

I'm also experiencing this behaviour on one of my sites. I have updated Perch, still no change. I have a number of shared regions, that are getting created for pages, which means things like footers disappear.

This is from my short diagnostic: Perch: 2.8.3, PHP: 5.5.20, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: bf9ad53b11c9a57efdb1057292d73b928b8c5c77 $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.3), assets (2.8.3), categories (2.8.3), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_gallery (2.8.2), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1), perch_twitter (3.5)