Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Field-Types

Vimeo fieldtype not saving url

I've seen a number of posts experiencing the same issue with the Vimeo fieldtype and not saving the url. I am also having the same issue.

Is anyone successfully using the Vimeo fieldtype without any workarounds?

I just setup a simple page test, creating a region using the default settings

<perch:content id="video" type="vimeo" label="Vimeo video URL" />
<perch:content id="video" type="vimeo" output="embed" width="300" />
<perch:content id="video" type="vimeo" output="title" />
<perch:content id="video" type="vimeo" output="url" />
<perch:content id="video" type="vimeo" output="id" />

and then entered the Vimeo url. It doesn't save and when you go to view the page the area where the code should be it's blank.

Neil Duddridge

Neil Duddridge 1 points

• 6 years ago

Ok, so it's down to the privacy settings

The Vimeo fieldtype doesn't support any other Vimeo privacy option for "Who can watch this video?" than "Anyone"

Is this a bug with the Perch fieldtype or just something currently unsupported at this time?

My client would prefer that their videos are only viewable via their website so it looks like I have to create a standard region without using the Vimeo fieldtype. Shame.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you make a video private, Perch can't see it. The privacy controls would be fairly useless if everything was still public via the API.

Ok, my only question there though is that the privacy option to "hide from Vimeo.com" is just that, so it's not a useless option if you want to exclude from Vimeo.com yet still make it available only on your own site? The video is still 'public' albeit via a remote single site.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How does that option manifest in terms of Vimeo's API?

I am not really down with the technical aspects of the API, it was a question as to whether this is a Perch or Vimeo limitation (for want of a better word).

If the client insists on restricting only to their site then I will just use standard perch content fields and do it that way.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Perch can only access videos that are exposed by the public Vimeo API.

Thanks for clarifying Drew