Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Archive for Subcategories

Hello,

The achieve for a subcategory isn't showing it's posts.

In my example it should be getting blog/recipes/smoothies-juices whereas it's looking for just blog/smoothies-juices

Time    Δ  Debug Message
0.065   0   SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pagePath='/recipes/archive.php' LIMIT 1
0.0664  0.0015  SELECT * FROM perch2_categories WHERE catPath='blog/smoothies-juices/' LIMIT 1
0.0688  0.0024  SELECT idx.itemID FROM perch2_blog_index idx JOIN perch2_blog_posts main ON idx.itemID=main.postID AND idx.itemKey='postID' AND (idx.indexKey='_category' AND idx.indexValue LIKE 'blog/smoothies-juices/%' OR idx.indexKey='_category' AND idx.indexValue='blog/smoothies-juices/')
0.0702  0.0014  SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT tbl.* FROM ( SELECT idx.itemID, main.*, idx2.indexValue as sortval FROM perch2_blog_index idx JOIN perch2_blog_posts main ON idx.itemID=main.postID AND idx.itemKey='postID' JOIN perch2_blog_index idx2 ON idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey='postID' AND idx2.indexKey='postDateTime' AND idx.itemID IN (NULL) WHERE 1=1 AND idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey=idx2.itemKey GROUP BY idx.itemID ) as tbl WHERE (postStatus='Published' AND postDateTime<='2015-03-18 16:02:00' ) GROUP BY itemID ORDER BY sortval DESC LIMIT 0, 10
0.0718  0.0016  SELECT FOUND_ROWS() AS `count`
0.0728  0.0011  SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
0.0755  0.0027  Using template: /templates/blog/post_in_list_all-10.html

Can I modify it to look at catPath?

Sarah Evans

Sarah Evans 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you passing the path on the URL?

Not sure I follow. I've not altered the default archive.php file code (below).

This seems to be looking for blog/smoothies-juices when actually it should be looking for blog/recipes/smoothies-juices as it is a subcategory.

perch_blog_custom(array(
                            'category'   => perch_get('cat'),
                            'template'   => $template,
                            'count'      => $posts_per_page,
                            'sort'       => $sort_by,
                            'sort-order' => $sort_order,

));

$posts_displayed = true;
                }

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does the URL look like

?cat=recipes/smoothies-juices

?

No just

?cat=smoothies-juices
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. If you use catPath instead of catSlug when creating the link, you should get the full path.

Otherwise Perch can't know where smoothies-juices appears in the category tree, or if it appears multiple times which one you mean.

Ah great.

For some reason I thought it would be more complex than that. Thank you!