Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Hosting

Asset availability and uploading permissions

I am able to upload assets - I can see them listed in my filezilla file manager on my server. Yet, the asset (an image) shows in my assets list minus its associated image and I am unable to use it in a blog post etc...

However the uploaded files keep uploading with the incorrect permissions..! I have the owner:group permissions set recursively on the /var/www/html folder tree as wcp:wcp and it has -rwxrwxrwx permissions, but the latest asset uploads have www-data:www-data -rw-r--r--. I know enough to get into a pickle with using terminal to set things, but not enough to be able to figure out what is going on here and how to rectify it.

Summary information

Perch: 3.0.14, PHP: 7.1.11-0ubuntu0.17.10.1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b396954eeb2d1d9ed7902b8bae237b287f21ad9e $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.14), assets (3.0.14), categories (3.0.14), perch_blog (5.6.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_blog' ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 30M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.wildcanoephotography.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Matthew Thompson

Matthew Thompson 0 points

• 3 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You would need to talk to your host about that, Perch doesn't control (and can't control) your file permissions.

I am my host...

The answer that would be more helpful might be - Have a look at x or y.. It s a standard transfer of a PERCH site from xampp localhost to my server as per the PERCH directions. As always I find once again that the tech community helpful as ever..!

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I'm afraid I don't know how your hosting is configured, we can only support our software, as we are not in a position to debug customer hosting environments. There is however nothing in the transfer of Perch to your site that would cause permission problems, that's down to how your server is configured.

Second sentence a much better response from a developer that purports:

'We have designed Perch so that it can be installed and used by someone who has no PHP experience, we have a video tutorial to help if you have never installed something like this before; we are happy to give advice in support.'

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Hello - we're happy to support Perch, even for those with no PHP experience. Unfortunately we can't support hosting configuration. There are far too many unknown variables and information that we don't have access to to be able to offer any sort of advice on that front.

If you'd like a refund, please email support@grabaperch.com with your license details and we'll process that for you.