Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Back up App

Hi,

I have a client who wants to use the Back up Add on, but would like to check with his host that it meets any requirements before getting me to set it up.

Would you be able to give me server requirements for the add-on so he can go back to his host and ask?

Sarah Evans

Sarah Evans 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The backup app (rather than the backup functionality built directly into Runway, which is different) needs:

1. the ability to execute mysqldump from PHP
  2. the ability to write temp files
  3. enough working memory to be able to zip the resulting file

Hello,

I've set up the Backup App on Perch (not Runway) but I'm getting an error page after putting in the SQL dump path (/usr/bin/mysqldump) in the Settings page.

You don't have permission to access /perch/core/settings/ on this server.

I know this is hosting related but wanted to check before I contacted them incase there was an obvious solution that you knew Perch requires. The file permission is set to 755.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds like a missing index file. It might be worth re uploading.

I have the same issue, index file is there in perh/core/settings but permissions set to 644.

All index.php pages inside directories in perch/core have 644. Is this correct?

Thanks

I have the same issue, index file is there in perh/core/settings but permissions set to 644.

All index.php pages inside directories in perch/core have 644. Is this correct?

Thanks

Ok further info on this - Server guys responded and fixed issue preventing the update of the path to mysqldump apparantly - "Mod_security was blocking the request to update the MySQL dump path"

In Backup App MySQL is still showing in red with a dash indicating it can't be backed up? However when I run the Create Backup the resulting zip archive contains sql files for re-creating the database. Unsure why it is not showing in green with a tick now.

Please advise if this is now ok and normail or if something still needs attention.

Thanks

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Keith

you need to start your own thread if you have an issue, including your Diagnostics Report as requested in the Create Thread form.

Rachel