We are transitioning over to a new forum platform. Please post new issues there. Existing threads will be dealt with here unless you choose to move them over. Visit the new forum
Perch Collection loading speed issue
I'm having problems with the loading speed when using a
Here's my setup
- I'm running Perch Runway 3.0.14 in
- Using MAMP Pro
- I noticed when refreshing the page the performance indicators didn't display the same value
- I was informed this was related to MySQL query caching
- I've edited the
my.cnffile and changed the value of
query_cache_sizeto 0, this turns query caching off
- Restarted MAMP Pro, the performance indicators now remain roughly the same on each page reload
- I've removed everything else from the page template
- Only the
perch collectionis on the page
perch collectionhas 13 items, three of them are in the category
htmltemplate is only using 5
IDsfrom the master collection template
perch_collection('Property developments', [ 'category' => 'developments/new-homes', 'template' =>'_property-developments/property-developments-footer-list.html',
<perch:before> <ul> </perch:before> <li><a title="<perch:content id="developmentName" />, new homes in <perch:content id="developmentAddress2"/>" href="/find-a-new-home/<perch:categories id="developmentStatus" set="developments"><perch:if exists="perch_item_first"><perch:category id="catSlug"/>/</perch:if></perch:categories><perch:content id="slug" type="slug" />"><i></i><perch:content id="developmentName" />, <perch:content id="developmentAddress2"/></a></li> <perch:after> </ul> </perch:after>
Here's a screenshot showing the output of debug.
- Apart from the slow load time, is there anything in the debug that raises an eyebrow?
- Is there a faster way to use data from a
perch_collection? I'm only listing 3
itemsfrom a single category.
- What could be causing the slow load time? As a test, I've deleted most of the items in the collection, leaving only 3 items from the category
new-homes. Didn't have any affect on the loading speed.
- I've checked the
apachelogs, there aren't any errors.
- Is there anything else I can provide you with to help figure this out?
Want to reply to this thread?Login with Perch