Perch Collection loading speed issue
I'm having problems with the loading speed when using a
Here's my setup
- I'm running Perch Runway 3.0.14 in
- Using MAMP Pro
- I noticed when refreshing the page the performance indicators didn't display the same value
- I was informed this was related to MySQL query caching
- I've edited the
my.cnffile and changed the value of
query_cache_sizeto 0, this turns query caching off
- Restarted MAMP Pro, the performance indicators now remain roughly the same on each page reload
- I've removed everything else from the page template
- Only the
perch collectionis on the page
perch collectionhas 13 items, three of them are in the category
htmltemplate is only using 5
IDsfrom the master collection template
perch_collection('Property developments', [ 'category' => 'developments/new-homes', 'template' =>'_property-developments/property-developments-footer-list.html',
<perch:before> <ul> </perch:before> <li><a title="<perch:content id="developmentName" />, new homes in <perch:content id="developmentAddress2"/>" href="/find-a-new-home/<perch:categories id="developmentStatus" set="developments"><perch:if exists="perch_item_first"><perch:category id="catSlug"/>/</perch:if></perch:categories><perch:content id="slug" type="slug" />"><i></i><perch:content id="developmentName" />, <perch:content id="developmentAddress2"/></a></li> <perch:after> </ul> </perch:after>
Here's a screenshot showing the output of debug.
- Apart from the slow load time, is there anything in the debug that raises an eyebrow?
- Is there a faster way to use data from a
perch_collection? I'm only listing 3
itemsfrom a single category.
- What could be causing the slow load time? As a test, I've deleted most of the items in the collection, leaving only 3 items from the category
new-homes. Didn't have any affect on the loading speed.
- I've checked the
apachelogs, there aren't any errors.
- Is there anything else I can provide you with to help figure this out?
Want to reply to this thread?Login with Perch