Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway, Shop

Advice about Shop

This isn't exactly a support issue but not sure where else to post. I'm researching ecommerce solutions for an estimate. In the past I've only made one fairly simple site with commerce and that was using a js cart. I have some experience with Perch so it may make sense to use knowledge I already have instead of beginning a new learning curve with, say, Craft or Prestashop.

Is Runway + Shop + Members a good solution for a site that will have between 500 to 1000 products?

I noticed that in some online Perch Shops that the number of items in a cart can only be adjusted with small arrow incrementers and must then be confirmed with an "Update" button. Can the items not be adjusted with simple "+" / "-" and the total adjusted dynamically?

The site will be in 2 languages: can Runway automatically create the correct meta alt href attribute?

Any feedback/advice much appreciated, thanks

Peter Hammarling

Peter Hammarling 0 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

I already have instead of beginning a new learning curve with, say, Craft or Prestashop.

I've used Prestashop before. It has a lot of features, but my client didn't like using it (and I don't like working with themes).

Is Runway + Shop + Members a good solution for a site that will have between 500 to 1000 products?

I don't see why not. Regarding managing large number of products, I built a free add-on that helps you do that to some extent: https://grabapipit.com/pipits/apps/catalog

I noticed that in some online Perch Shops that the number of items in a cart can only be adjusted with small arrow incrementers and must then be confirmed with an "Update" button. Can the items not be adjusted with simple "+" / "-" and the total adjusted dynamically?

You can implement this with Javascript

I have built Woocommerce, Shopify and Perch stores. Perch trumps for low cost, easy and economical shopfront. Shopify's entry level store gives you a solid server and a more limited set of options when it comes to custom content - but if the core business is ecom and maybe a blog - it's great. ( just 2x or 3x expensive to run ).