Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Sale pricing for members (specific products)

Hello,

I know it is possible to enable sale or trade pricing if the logged in member has a certain tag like so:

if (perch_member_logged_in() && perch_member_has_tag('unicorn')) {
  perch_shop_enable_sale_pricing();
}

The above enable sale pricing for all products. Is it possible to apply sale pricing to certain products only if a member has a certain tag?

As far as I know:

• Promotions can be used to apply sale pricing or discounts for a set period of time, but they apply to all products
  • Similarly, Sales apply to all products for a set period of time
  • When an item's sale price is enabled ("use sale price" is checked), the sale price is used for all customers
  • When perch_shop_enable_sale_pricing() is used, sale pricing is used for all products
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Promotions can be used to apply sale pricing or discounts for a set period of time, but they apply to all products

Promotions can be restricted to given products by adding those products to a category and restricting the promotion to that same category.

Does that help at all?

Hussein Al Hammad

Registered Developer

Yes, that is perfect!

How do I restrict a promotion to a category? Do I simply add the category tag to the promotion template?

<perch:categories id="category" set="products" label="Category" />
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There should already be one there. Is there not?

Hussein Al Hammad

Registered Developer

The default template in perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/templates/shop/promotions does indeed have the field in there.

I joined this project halfway through and didn't think the promotion template in perch/templates would be modified (or old?), but it is.

Thanks, Drew.