Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Forms

Lots of contact forms with the Forms App?

Is it possible to have several different contact forms that each get sent to a different email address with the Forms App?

Also, do the form submissions get stored in Perch? Is there a way so that the content is just emailed and no information (due to it being private) is stored in Perch?

Thanks,

Phil

Philip Young

Philip Young 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, use a different id on the <perch:form> tag to create a different form.

Whether content is stored or emailed or both is just in the form options.

Hi Drew,

Thanks for this reply.

I have a contact form template created and it works fine for the first form. However I want to use the same form template in an other area of the website which will be sent to a different email address. How do I configure the id of the <perch:form> tag to allow for this?

I tried this first which works for the first form but then think the second form is still the first:

<perch:form id="_id" method="post" app="perch_forms" name="contactform">

I get a fatal error when I try this:

<perch:form id="<perch:content id="ContactFormNameSlug" type="slug" for="contactformheading" display="false" />" method="post" app="perch_forms" name="contactform">

I should point out that the second example above is attempting to use the only use configurable part of the form (Contact Form Heading) as the slug for each form.

Any other ideas?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The ID can't be dynamic - you'll have to copy the form and use it with a different ID.